Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Beauty and Goodness Are All Around

Life is so crazy.  But I love it.  We are all so busy.  Everybody has their own problems, schedules, dilemmas, joys, etc.  We all walk around in a big hurry passing people everywhere we go.  Sometimes, it is almost refreshing to look at people and try and see who they are.  There is so much more to everyone than meets the eye.  We all have a special depth and something to share.  It takes time for people to find that.  Heck, it takes time for us to find it ourselves.
We are all so enwrapped in our lives.  I am certainly no exception.  These last two weeks have been so crazy busy for me.  With work, three tests, a 15-20 page paper, family visiting, and church responsibilities, life is busy.  But, I think it is healthy and important to take the time everyday to step back and recognize the beauty all around us.
For me, taking the time to feed my spiritual hunger is absolutely vital.  When I read my scriptures diligently, and pray to my Heavenly Father in a frequent and heartfelt manner, life is better.  And yet, I sometimes slip away from that.  How is it possible that I can forget the beauty that that special time of meditation brings into my life?
I guess today I am just needing to remember that there is beauty everywhere.  Even in the things I struggle with and am having difficulties with.  Believe it or not, there is beauty in mathematics, that annoying person in my institute class, figuring out scheduling, and all the other difficult or obnoxious things.  Beauty and goodness is all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment