Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light" - Helen Keller

Friends are such an essential part of everyone's life.  Yet, I think that they play a bit of a different role for everyone.  I feel that some people are much more dependent on their friends than others.  Also, I think people have different needs for friends at different times and seasons of their lives.  I am grateful for the friends that I have and have had in my life.  Something that I have come to realize over the last few months is that friends may be a huge part of one's life for a time and then that friendship may not perpetuate for a long time.  Just because a friendship doesn't last for years and years doesn't mean that that friendship was't significant or that both sides of the friendship didn't value the other.  Sometimes friendships last only temporarily but can still be very impacting in one's life.
I have had many friends that have changed me and helped me to become a better person.  I have learned lessons from many of my friends.  Some friends are "work friends."  Some friends are "school friends."  Some friends are "church friends."  Some friends overlap area and become friends in more than one area in your life.  I think when that happens, that is when you really get to know people.
To my friends - thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment